I realize this might be slightly off topic by since the crisis affects everyone,and that the video is great, I thought I would post it here:
Zappos.com is the leader in online shoes with over one billion in sales last year. Zappos is the company to watch for great corporate value and customer service.
This is a great interview of Zappos’s CEO by Loic Le Meur (@zappos and @loic)
Here is my digest:
- Zappos encourage its sales representative to be generous with customers.
- Zappos will direct customers to the competition if they don’t have what you are looking for in stock
- You can order and try out anything and send it back to them within a year free of charge.
- Free shipping both ways.
- You can take a Zappos’s office tour anytime you are in Vegas just email the CEO firstname.lastname@example.org. They will even come pick you up from the airport.
- Zappos’s employee write an annual ” culture book” where everyone writes a unedited paragraph about what he/she like or dislike about zappos . To get a free copy email the CEO email@example.com
- Zappos encourage its employee to twitt. All the employee twitts are gathered in an account that you can check out here: http://twitter.zappos.com
- Zappos will hire and fire based on either or not the employee fits the company culture even if he/she is performing well.
Zappos’s ten core value (not in the video):
1) Deliver WOW Through Service
2) Embrace and Drive Change
3) Create Fun and A Little Weirdness
4) Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
5) Pursue Growth and Learning
6) Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
7) Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
8) Do More With Less
9) Be Passionate and Determined
10) Be Humble
§ Twitter is more powerful than digg: you can discover better stuff there by following great people whose twitt direct you to great articles or other great people.
§ Twitter makes blogging easy. Let’s say you discover something interesting that is relevant to other people. You wouldn’t call, email or facebook your friends about it. Twitter makes sharing anything possible and easy.
§ Twitter is a unique place that makes interacting with smart and like minded people possible. Talking with influential people is difficult if you don’t know them, you are more likely to get a reply if you tweet it out.
§ Twitter is designed to make new acquaintance whereas Facebook is all about reconciling past ones. Most people have few actual friends on twitter. On twitter all you do is meet new people.
§ Twitter is real time. Twitter was the first to break the Hudson River (NY) plane crash news. A guy twitted an iphone picture right after the crash.
People you will meet in a business context will google you.The best and only way to control the content is to be the one generating it.
I should have started my blog a long time ago… It is never too late. However, I don’t want my blog to be too focused as I want to be able to discuss other things I am passionate about and that includes tech and entrepreneurship.
Two bloggers I follow a lot around the web Robert Scoble and Loic Le Meur are the one who actually inspired me to start blogging.