Zappos.com is the leader in online shoes with over one billion in sales last year. Zappos is the company to watch for great corporate value and customer service.
This is a great interview of Zappos’s CEO by Loic Le Meur (@zappos and @loic)
Here is my digest:
- Zappos encourage its sales representative to be generous with customers.
- Zappos will direct customers to the competition if they don’t have what you are looking for in stock
- You can order and try out anything and send it back to them within a year free of charge.
- Free shipping both ways.
- You can take a Zappos’s office tour anytime you are in Vegas just email the CEO email@example.com. They will even come pick you up from the airport.
- Zappos’s employee write an annual ” culture book” where everyone writes a unedited paragraph about what he/she like or dislike about zappos . To get a free copy email the CEO firstname.lastname@example.org
- Zappos encourage its employee to twitt. All the employee twitts are gathered in an account that you can check out here: http://twitter.zappos.com
- Zappos will hire and fire based on either or not the employee fits the company culture even if he/she is performing well.
Zappos’s ten core value (not in the video):
1) Deliver WOW Through Service
2) Embrace and Drive Change
3) Create Fun and A Little Weirdness
4) Be Adventurous, Creative, and Open-Minded
5) Pursue Growth and Learning
6) Build Open and Honest Relationships With Communication
7) Build a Positive Team and Family Spirit
8) Do More With Less
9) Be Passionate and Determined
10) Be Humble